Monday 22 February 2010

Pythagoreanist geek

I love the number 4 (four). 4 equals to 2 plus 2, and 2 times 2, and 2 to the power of 2. Had I been contemporary with Pythagoras I would have worshiped that number. To me it represents the fullness of the Universe better than the numbers 1, 7 or 12.

However, no matter how much I like the number 4, I understand the number 2 is more useful to explain the functioning of the world as two are the only possible options of movement (and hence of visible division) along a 1-dimension space, which is the simplest and therefore the most common of spaces in the Universe.

A bit geeky, I know. Please forgive me.

Love and freedom.

1 comment:

Knežan said...

I really like it. Nice one!
Did you the passage I posted from Paolo Giordano's book The Solitude of Prime Numbers? I though it is brilliant.