Tuesday 3 June 2008

Carlos' wedding

I spent the whole last week relaxing in Jerez and being taken care of by my parents.

The excuse to go to Spain was to attend my friend Carlos' wedding. He is the first of my friends who is getting married. I must say that the event was quite fun: dancing, eating and drinking all along. The church celebration wasn’t as long as expected (it took about 1 hour and 15 minutes) and was amusing enough, with music, prayers and the usual anecdotes of a wedding. Carlos lost his nerve and forgot some memorised words (maybe for the first time in his life), precisely his wedding vow!! ("I, Carlos, take you, Blanca, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honor you all the days of my life."). Later, Carlos and Blanca put each other the wrong rings and had to swiftly exchange them amidst the general giggle. Lastly, one of Blanca’s sisters, Pili, as she wished the couple well, called them "Blancos" y "Carla".

This year’s first half has been very relaxed work-wise as I’ve enjoyed almost 4 weeks of holidays and I have had to sit no exams. In relation to more personal matters, this year is not being easy, though. But I’ll cope with it.

Love and freedom.

No comments: