Monday 26 May 2008

My dad's visit to Jerez Alcázar

My dad visited the Jerez Alcázar (Spanish castle built by the Arabs) in the morning of May 17th, 2008. He describes his visit in his blog.

I commented his post:
Qué suerte que hayas podido entrar en el Pabellón de Donna Blanca y subir a la Torre Octógona. La vista desde la Torre es preciosa. Te imagino emocionado, sonnando que compartías las aventuras de los soldados que defendían el alcázar de Jerez en la Edad Media.
Me hubiera gustado estar ahí contigo. Otro día será.
Un beso!

(You're so lucky you have been able to access the Ms. White Pavilion and to go up to the Octogon Tower. The view from the Tower is gorgeous. I can picture you thrilled, dreaming that you shared the adventures of the soldiers who defended the alcázar of Jerez in the Medium Age. I'd have liked to be there with you. Maybe another time. Kisses.


About a month ago, on April 27th, I had the chance to show Jerez to two of my best British friends from London and we went to the Alcázar as part of our tour. We were lucky and my dad accompanied us enabling us to enjoy his knowledge. As my mate David put it in his thanking letter:

My stay with you in Jerez was so special, I didn't believe I could cram so many different things into a weekend! XY (my dad's name), your kindness in taking the time to show JJ and I your city and in having the patience to endure all those three way translations as you explained the fascinating history of your area was so generous. XX (my mum's name), your hospitality was second to none and I go away with ambitions to master your delicious Spanish tortilla.

I know Borja will have told you about the remainder of our week but all together I had a great time in Spain. I left Jerez with so many excellent memories of horses, sherry, food, ferias and an enriched knowledge of Spanish history.


Pleasure, David. I have to thank you for, among other many things, letting me know how to type tildes in a UK keyboard.

Love and freedom.

No comments: